I turned 25 yesterday, November 3rd, and I got to say, how much I have grown up. Well I thought I would share 25 things I've learned. I suppose we never stop until the day we take our last breath. So here's what I believe to be true. Some funny,serious, fitness related and some are not. Well here we GO:
1) #1 rule, text and call less. Face to face contact is my preferred communication. I have learned over the years, texting and phone calls can lead to miscommunication and misunderstanding.
2) Seek advice from those who talk very little. Those people are the best listeners.
3) Be thankful everyday you are breathing. This is a great reminder for me to how awesome life is and blessed we are alive.
4) Nutella and dark chocolate is a drug. The side effects include happiness and constant state of euphoria. Eat sparingly to avoid external bliss. :)
5) There are living saints among us. I call them Mothers.
6) Don't speed or text. Don't text and drive. Don't drink and drive. Just Don't! if your tempted think of a loved one crossing the street in front of you and not being able to stop. Horrifying right? That is the point! Don't do it!
7) There are no such things as coincidences; everything happens for a reason.
8) I try to carry extra food or change in my car and give homeless men/women food or change. I try and just smile and look at him/she at the eye. It's not much but if you look someone in the eye instead of looking way, I think that leaves an impression.
9) When given a choice, I will always eat my calories instead of drinking them. Gimme a chocolate cake over a Mojito any day or week.
10) Keep extra clothes and shoes in your car. So you are always ready to go for a run.
11) Always best to have less friends who will support you, than more friends who are not.
12) Miserable people HATE associating with happy people. They will do everything they can to make you miserable. Love them anyway.. Sooner or later, your happiness will either rub off on them or they will flee from you.
13) Speaking of writing, everyone should keep a journal. It's awesome to see your thoughts from years gone by.
14) You can't force people to stay or love you. All you can do is be you.
15) Time heals everything!
16) The gym is the best place to people watch. It's kinda gross to see people not wipe down the elliptical or treadmill when they are done.
17) It is okay to be angry. Take a deep breathe and walk away from the situation. In a few hours you will feel so much better. PROMISE! :)
18) RUN! It is good way to meditate and to have time to your self. Your body will thank you later.
19) Don't do things just so you can post about it on social media as a way to brag and boast. I always (TRY) to think before I write. Is this anything someone is even going to care about? Will it make anyone smile? Will it make anyone think differently? My point! Make it mean something If you want to babble, start a blog.
20) Forgive those who do you wrong. And don't hold it above your head. You may not forget easily, but forgive people who don't even forgive you.
21) People say don't be afraid to fail. I think that is true, but I think you should ever AIM to fail. I think you have miniature failures in order to be hugely successful.
22) If you say it, you will become it. If you are always telling your self you are unhappy, ugly, fat, and angry. Guess what? You will BECOME unhappy, ugly, fat, and angry. In fact, there is power in the words we use to describe ourselves. Use good one, stop saying the negative ones.
23) When someone breaks your heart it's the worst feeling in the world. But that feeling when you wake up knowing you have moved on and you are over them? Damn that feeling is so good. And then the feeling of being HAPPY for that person because you realize you were both meant to take different paths? That's the BEST feeling!
24) Timing is everything. It can be the right time for you, but the wrong time for someone else. That's just how it goes.
25) Always hit the SAVE button when writting blogs. I had to rewrite this all over agian because I forgot. And my first reaction? Laughed.. alot. Which is a great way to end this:
Laugh more. At everything!
Hello ALL! I hope you had such an amazing Halloween weekend. I always found it great and amusing to dress up to something you are not. Right? ;) Alright well since I had little sleep. Thought I'll share pictures of this weekends Halloween race.